Friday 19 April 2013

Monograms: A2 Posters + Display!

Some progress photos of the A2 monogram poster.
the beer board I bought was slightly bigger than A2, so I had to cut it to size
drawing borders for my print; I wanted some negative space since my design is just one big monogram printed onto cardboard.
I printed this on an A3 card, and cut the black lines to make another big stencil/shape for my cardboard print.

Finished cutting the shapes!

I then pasted the shapes on a piece of corrugated cardboard. 
putting it in place roughly before I print it!
I was deciding on a colour scheme so I did this quickly in Illustrator. In the end I decided to use the pink and blue colours.
 An unfortunate thing happened to my cardboard print. Since I used acrylic paint for my print, when I pressed the papers together I left it for too long and the paint got stuck to each other. So when I took it out, some of the pieces of cardboard came out :/ But I managed to save it by carefully re-painting the pink parts, and it turned out kinda okay! It makes it look kinda grungy to me. Ms. Lisa says it gives it a nice texture, heheh.

I decided to display both the final A2 print and also the flipped cardboard print together. My overall colour scheme is blue, white, black, with an accent of pink.


No comments:

Post a Comment